+44 (0)114 2662040
Matt is one of our Education Project Concept Designers based in our Sheffield studio. He has played a significant role in education projects at Bond Bryan including The University of Sheffield’s Humanities Research Institute, which was subsequently shortlisted for an RIBA White Rose Award in 2006 and a Sheffield Civic Trust Design award in 2008 and The University of Sheffield’s Arthur Willis Environment Centre which was also shortlisted for an RIBA White Rose Award in 2009 and The Sheffield Civic Trust Design award in 2010. Most recently he was the concept designer on Tresham College’s, Corby campus which was shortlisted for an RIBA regional award in 2012. He was also instrumental in our recent submission for the RIBA Sheffield Forgotten Spaces 2011 competition that was shortlisted for the main prize.
Matt's responsibilities within the Studio include an advisory role on all aspects of design from concept stage through to the detailed design on a number of schemes.
Leading a team, he is currently responsible for the design and implementation of Bradford College's new hub building, a £50m, 23,000m2 project in the city centre which will feature leading-edge education spaces and sustainability features and Sheffield Hallam University's new £28m, 9,500m2 Institute of Education building.
He is overseeing two major projects for Barnsley College that run concurrently completing in September 2015. These include a new Sixth Form Centre (£15m, 7000m2) in the centre of Barnsley adjacent the Town Hall and a new Construction Centre (£10m, 5000m2).
He is also heading up the design of the University of Sheffield's Engineering Heartspace project. This is a new build atrium space nestled in between two listed buildings providing the faculty of engineering with new collaborative research spaces, laboratories and post graduate research offices.
Matt is also a member of our BIM liaison group involved in pushing the boundaries of the practice's involvement with building information modelling.
- Bradford College (£50m)
- Barnsley College Sixth Form Centre (£15m)
- Barnsley College Construction Centre (£10m)
- Tresham Institute Phase 2, Corby (£32m) and Kettering Campus (£7.5m)
- Tyne Metropolitan College (£40m)
- Shrewsbury College (£60m)
- Oaklands College (£78m)
- York College (£45m)
- Stockport College (£90m) Masterplanning and design work
- West Cheshire College
- College for the Future (design concept competition)
- Oxford and Cherwell College
- Sheffield Hallam University, Charles Street (£25m) (see above)
- University of Sheffield, 'Heartspace' (£15m)
- University of Sheffield, Humanities Research Institute (£5m)
- University of Sheffield, Arthur Willis Environment Centre (£4m)
- University of Sheffield, Sheffield Institute of Translational Neuroscience (SITraN)
- York St John University
- David Young Community Academy, Leeds (£22m)
- Ministry of Education, Future Schools Project, Saudi Arabia
Non Education Projects
- New Employee Centre, Derby for large blue chip company
- RIBA Forgotten Spaces Sheffield, Shortlisted 2011