For us the term BIM (which stands for Building Information Modelling) has become synonymous with technology and also gives the impression it is only about buildings and models. For us though BIM offers much more than this and is all about the INFORMATION for all types of built assets. So we prefer to think of BIM as an acronym that stands for "Better Information Management". The definiton and management of the information is the key part and aims to provide a clearer more robust and standardised process that benefits all parties involved in design, construction and maintenance of a built asset.
The fundamental aim though of the UK Government's approach is about changing the AECO (Architecture, Engineering, Construction and Operations) sector from an analogue approach to a fully digital approach. At Bond Bryan Digital we feel we can share the expertise and knowledge that we have built up over a number of years with others and assist them on their journeys to a digitally integrated future.
We can offer Information Management, a core requirement of a “BIM Level 2” approach, to our clients. This service can be to clients, before appointing a team, to help define Asset Information Requirements (AIR) and Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR) but also during a project to provide the management of documentation and processes to support design and construction teams. Additionally we can support projects by offering Coordination Management and a number of other specialist digital services.
Our approach is also fully built around open national and international standards that will ensure information is not just suitable for the design and construction phases but for the whole lifecycle of an asset.
For more information about Bond Bryan Digital please contact either Kevin Grayson (Director) or Rob Jackson (Associate Director) by emailing email@example.com.
Kent Primary Schools, Kent County Council
Bond Bryan Digital can provide a wide variety of services related to digital workflows. These are our current core services:
- Employer's Information Requirements (EIR)
- Asset Information Requirements (AIR)
- Advice regarding supply chain appointment
- Pre-contract BIM Execution Plans
- Assessment of supply chain capability
- Common Data Environment (CDE) provision and management
- Post contract-award BIM Execution Plans (BEP)
- Task Information Delivery Plans (TIDPs)
- Master Information Delivery Plans (MIDP)
- Model Production and Delivery Tables (MPDT)
- BIM kick-off meetings
- Information management workshops
- Model validation for COBie production
- Employer specific model checking rules development
- Production of federated COBie outputs from design consultants models
- Model federation of supply chain models
- Coordination support / clash detection / issue identification
- PDF, Excel and BCF reporting of model issues
- Issue management using online collaboration platform
- Coordination workshops
- Advice with regard to implementing BIM
- Model audits / review
- Documentation review
- Interoperability support / testing
- In-house seminars / presentations
- Case studies / blog pieces / social media promotion
We are always happy to discuss other services so if something is not on the list that you would like us to deliver please contact us.
The David Hockney Building, Bradford College
Our blog pieces cover a wide variety of topics including Information Management, Coordination Management, Standards, and OPEN BIM workflows. Many of the blog pieces are live maintained resources, such as our piece on Autodesk Revit model exchange with Graphisoft ARCHICAD using IFC.
We also share a number of free resources including our BIM Acronyms, BIM Dictionary and BIM File Formats. Additionally there is an extensive resource of current UK standards as well as information related to open workflows including material covering COBie, IFC and BCF.
* Winner of Best Blog at the RICS BIM4SME Awards 2015
BIM Blog (bimblog.bondbryan.com)
High Speed Rail College, Doncaster